-->

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Interior lighting of RIO Nord-Pas-de-Calais - part 6

 

Small progress today on the pilot car. I was able to remove the "cabin", but I had to break the light guide. This is okay because it was in the way of the red head lights anyway ...







Red/white head lights - option #1

The first option is to build the light module myself and wire the LEDs to the ESU light strip, as I alluded in my previous post. Looking at the light module from Miniature Passion, it might be an idea to solder the 4 LEDs on a bread board circuit. I would have to follow those dimensions:




Red/white head lights - option #2

Another option came when I realized that Jouef released new sets of RIB/RIO passenger cars. They are HJ4012, HJ4039, HJ4150, HJ4152, and HJ4154. When looking on YouTube, I found this video and it seems that the pilot car switches from white to red head lights:


From 2:05 to 2:26, you can see the lights switching. I then searched for the manual, and found that spare parts #6 is the lighting module. I found two websites for those modules:



I reached out to Lendon's Model Shop to see if they have the item in stock.