-->

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Interior lighting of RIO Nord-Pas-de-Calais - part 3

 

Needless to say that my previous attempt ended up to be disaster. Luckily, I found two bogies for the same Lima RIO car sets, so I just swapped the car from another set I have. Let's try again!


This time, I'm only pulling out the wheel on the isolated side to slide the spring.


Much better this time!


I should mention that I'm using a Back-to-Back tool from DDC Concepts to make sure the wheels are at the right gauge: https://www.dccconcepts.com/product-category/gauges-tools-and-fasteners/dccconcepts-gauges/


I test fitted the axles back into the bogie:



I can now do the wiring and give it a try on the test bench:


As you can see on the picture, I had to put some weight on the bogie to pick up power. Hopefully, the weight provided in the car itself will be enough!

Next step is to bring the two wires back into the car. I decided to glue the two wires on the side so they don't interfere with the rolling operation. It's just Tacky Glue, so it is a bit flexible and it should be easy to remove if needs be:


Meanwhile, I put some passengers in the car:



Not sure yet if the glue will be fully dry today. Stay tuned ...