-->

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Interior lighting of RIO Nord-Pas-de-Calais - part 2

 

A while back, I added interior lighting in one of the RIO car sets; see the post here. It's now time to work on the other two cars and this time I will use a different and hopefully easier way for wheel power pickup.


DCC Concepts Springs

My previous post shows how I used wipers, this time I will use springs. It seems easier to install. Here's the link to those DCC Concepts items: https://www.dccconcepts.com/product-category/flickerfree-and-fx-products/




Not a great story here ...

I followed my previous post and video and proceeded with opening the car and the bogie:








So far, so good! Now, we go into the bogie to get to the axles:


We can see on the previous picture that, for each axle, there's a wheel isolated on my side. I believe I'm supposed to extract the wheel from the axle only on that side. I made the mistake to remove both wheels and sadly I was not able to put the wheel back on the axle for the non-isolated side. 

See the result!