-->

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Wiring - part 2

I continued with the diodes board for the switch decoder. I haven't found yet the appropriate connectors to solder on the PCB, so I'm soldering small wires; all of those components are very cheap, so I can always improve this component later on.

PCB & Diodes 





From there, I just have to connect the PCB to the switch decoder following the documentation:


And it looks like this:




Configuring the switch decoder 


There are two things to configure on the Lenz LS150:
  1. Digital address of each switch command
  2. Pulse duration of the output
The documentation is quite clear and easy to follow.


The idea is that, once the switch decoder is in "programmation" mode, I need to use the address field on the configuration in the ECoS to send values on the LS150. For the tortoise switch motor, a pulse duration of 3.5sec seems appropriate - 3sec might be okay too.


All together ... 


And here's the result: