-->

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Using CV 54 for Auto Adjusting

 

I have a AM08 Desiro from Van Biervliet that I want to digitalize:




I plugged an ESU 59620 LokPilot V5.0 DCC, but the running was not smooth at all - similarly to what I experienced by inputting a "blank" decoder into the Piko BB 60000.

After a little research, I found this article on auto-adjusting decoders with CV 54: link. ESU actually released a video explaining exactly what to do:

  • Make sure the engine has 2 to 3 meters to run
  • Set CV 54 to 0
  • Press F1
  • The engine will run at maximum speed for a short period of time
  • CV 54 has a new value and the running should be smooth




And it worked beautifully:



The next step is to look into interior lighting for this AM08, but the goal of this post was about auto-adjusting decoders with CV 54.