-->

Saturday, November 11, 2023

TGV OuiGo


I got myself a TGV OuiGo for my bday!


Prototypical unit


This is the low cost offering from TGV. Here are a couple of pictures of the real TGV in Lille:


https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnybrauns/40804562383/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185467976@N05/49339453171/


Miniature model

Jouef released this unit in April 2023:

  • HJ2413S: Coffret de 4 unités, TGV Duplex OuiGo
  • HJ3009: Coffret supplémentaire de 3 voitures, TGV Duplex Ouigo, composé de 2 x voitures de ex 1ére classe et 1 x voiture bar
  • HJ3010: Coffret supplémentaire de 3 voitures, TGV Duplex Ouigo, composé de 3 x voitures de ex 2ème classe
The notice for the engines and the notice for the decoders.




And a short video :



By default, the ESU ECoS Command does not allow to have two decoders with the same DCC address. This is an issue for this unit, because there is a ESU LokSound v5 in the main engine and a ESU FX in the dummy engine. I struggled a bit with that before, until I read this forum:

 


Therefore, on the function decoder, I disabled the RailCom protocol:


And just like that, I was able to control both decoders from the same address: