-->

Thursday, November 30, 2023

RIO Nord-Pas-de-Calais - part 20

 

I finally got to the number plates for my RIO units!


I'll start with the E46 unit:



I cut each piece with a hobby knife:




With a sanding bar, I remove the excess material:



I use double-sided tape on a foam board:



I then clean each piece with 70% alcohols:



I airbrush some STYNYLREZ primer GRAY - link:




Here are some pictures I used to find the best colors and positioning:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv2bhGzozo8/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMHpgZnblx/


For these two colors, I choose spray cans:
  • Montana Gold 2050 Orangina
  • Montana Gold 6250 Dolphins


The blue looks a bit too blue ...



For these plates, I use a black sharpy and put some masking tape. I'm not super happy with the results:





For the "blue" plates, I use a fine sanding block and that works very well:






I use Zap-A-Gap Medium CA+:





I was concerned about the white residue or glue-haze from CA glue, but it seems that if you operate in a warm-ish and dry-ish place, it would mostly prevent the residue to happen - link