-->

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Detailing a switch


I read an article in Loco Revue about the detailing of Peco switches to make them more realistic. It is based on BD-Concepts 3D parts.

Here's a link to the article:


It is using the "Kit de détaillage pour 3 aiguilles Peco avec système de réchauffage au gaz
Référence VOI-004:



I purchased directly from Loco Revue: https://trains.lrpresse.com/A-19177-kit-de-detaillage-pour-3-aiguilles-peco-a.aspx

The manual can be downloaded and is actually more helpful than the article:




Unfortunately, I didn't see that article before installing all my switches, so I'm not going to use their switch plate even though it looks much prototypical.

before

after




I also fixed my issue with the track right next to that switch. The transition is too tight and I need those nails to keep the two tracks in position. Not ideal ...