-->

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Wiring and more - part 11

 

A short post about the recent activities on the layout.


Connectors to the rack

The rack has been completed a while back, but the connectors from the rack to the layout still had to be installed. This is now done!





Switch motors

I've been focusing on making the two main tracks work. I already installed 4 switch motors a while back, so I have 9 more to install for these two tracks: 


Installing those motors is not as straightforward as I would like to. I found that pre-drilling the screwing holes and pre-installing both screws helps a lot. Once the motor's wire sticks into the switch bar, it is then easier to hold the motor in place while sliding under the table and install another two screws.






Switch motors

As part of that exercise, I am also gluing all switches and tracks down to the roadbed: